With its broadband services in Africa via satellite, AFRIKANET will ensure the telecommunication on daily basis and will support African Union in its development. African Union profit from our technical expertise, customer support and service delivered through a well-organized channel of partners all over the continent.
About the project
AFRIKANET is pleased to cooperate with DECLOG! This commission of African Union has chosen to use the VSAT solution (Very Small Aperture Terminal). With this equipment DECLOG make sure to meet the needs of its telecommunication.
DECLOG is a commission of African Union which is a continental union consisting of 54 countries in Africa. The only African state that is not a member is Morocco. The African Union was established on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa and launched on 9 July 2002 in South Africa, with the aim of replacing the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). The Assembly is chaired by Robert Mugabe, President of Zimbabwe. Member states of the African Union cover almost the entirety of continental Africa and several off-shore islands. Consequently, the geography of the African Union is wildly diverse, including the world’s largest hot desert (the Sahara), huge jungles and savannahs, and the world’s longest river (the Nile). The vision of the African Union is that of: “An integrated, prosperous and peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in global arena.”
The objectives of the African Union are:
– To achieve greater unity and solidarity between the African countries and Africans.
– To defend the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of its Member States.
– To accelerate the political and social-economic integration of the continent.
– To promote and defend African common positions on issues of interest to the continent and its peoples.
– To encourage international cooperation, taking due account of the Charter of the United Nations and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
– To promote democratic principles and institutions, popular participation and good governance.
– To promote sustainable development at the economic, social and cultural levels as well as the integration of African economies.
– To coordinate and harmonise the policies between the existing and future Regional Economic Communities for the gradual attainment of the objectives of the Union.
– To advance the development of the continent by promoting research in all fields, in particular in science and technology.
With its broadband services in Africa via satellite, AFRIKANET will ensure the telecommunication on daily basis and will support DECLOG in its development. DECLOG profit from our technical expertise, customer support and service delivered through a well-organized channel of partners all over the continent.
In order to facilitate the conduct of operations, Africa Union asked AFRIKANET this year, 2015, to install VSAT equipment in order to have internet access in their working sites. The internet transmission is able thanks to the Ku-Band solution with an antenna VSAT 1,20m Rx/Tx and Modem reception iDirect x3 Evolution.
AFRIKANET provides also installation equipment on the site and satellite orientation. For any more requirements AFRIKANET does an after sales service and our team is available 24h/7d.
For more information about VSAT installation do not hesitate to contact us